|Publisher:||Cambridge University Press|
|Details:||Paperback; 1562 pages; Pub. 2003|
The Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary doesn’t just help you find words quickly and understand them easily. It gives the vital support which advanced students need, especially with the essential skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Ideal for FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC and IELTS preparation.
In the book
- 170,000 words, phrases and examples
- New words: all the important new words that have come into the language (e.g. dirty bomb, lairy, jus, 9/11, clickable) so that your English stays up-to-date
- Colour headwords: so that you can find the word you are looking for quickly
- Idiom Finder: making idioms so much easier to find
- 200 ‘Common Learner Error’ notes show how to avoid common mistakes
- 25,000 collocations show the way words work together in English
- Colour pictures: 16 full page colour pictures that explain groups of words visually.
On the CD-ROM
- Sound: recordings in British and American English for all words, plus practice tools to help improve pronunciation
- Smart Thesaurus helps you choose the right word – fast!
- QUICKfind looks up words for you while you are working or reading on screen
- SUPERwrite gives on screen help with grammar, spelling and collocation when you are writing.
- Hundreds of interactive exercises can be printed for classroom use or done on-screen
- Copy and paste lets you use any part of the dictionary in your own documents